Thursday, January 19, 2012

Still thinking

But I think I have it solved. I'm just going to sew the hem and facings together at the bottom and let it go. It will still be a good work jacket and I won't care if it gets ruined because I'll always know it's not perfect. And yes, Scarlett, I do have at least some amount of OCD and want everything I sew to be perfect. Even though I know perfection is an impossible goal, it gives me something to strive for.

With the Artisan's Square SWAP, this helps. I get to make the same garment a few times allowing me to perfect the fit and for me anyway, each time I make something, it gets a little better. I do need to remember with self drafted patterns to write the steps down in order so I don't get ahead of myself all the time though. :P}}

Last night was the second quilting class. No pics today. But we started sashing our blocks. Homework is to finish the sashing, which won't take more than a few hours. Next week we learn to "sandwich" our quilts and the quilting process. Fourth week is binding. I'm having fun and I really like the way it's turning out.

More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment